|Table of Contents|
- In Gmail, enable IMAP access. Click the gear icon and then click See all settings.
- On the Settings page, click Forwarding and POP/IMAP and then Enable IMAP. Save your changes.
- If you have two-factor authentication on, you need to generate an App Password
Enable "less secure app access" by going to this URL: https://myaccount.google.com/lesssecureapps
Once you complete Step 5, you will only have 10 minutes to start your email migration. Try out Steps 6 and 7 before Step 5 to make sure you're familiar with where to go and what to do.
- JUST before starting the migration, open a browser logged in with your Google account and go to: https://www.google.com/accounts/DisplayUnlockCaptcha
- Log into SmarterMail, go to Settings -> Connectivity -> Mailbox Migration, and click the Migrate button
- Click the Gmail icon and UNCHECK Calendars, Contacts, and Tasks. Only Email should be selected.
- Enter your email address and password where indicated, and click the Start button