- In Gmail, enable IMAP access. Click the gear icon and then click See all settings.
- On the Settings page, click Forwarding and POP/IMAP and then Enable IMAP. Save your changes.
- If you have two-factor authentication on, you need to generate an App Password
Enable "less secure app access" by going to this URL: https://myaccount.google.com/lesssecureapps
Once you complete Step 5, you will only have 10 minutes to start your email migration. Try out Steps 6 and 7 before Step 5 to make sure you're familiar with where to go and what to do.
- JUST before starting the migration, open a browser logged in with your Google account and go to: https://www.google.com/accounts/DisplayUnlockCaptcha
- Log into SmarterMail, go to Settings -> Connectivity -> Mailbox Migration, and click the Migrate button
- Click the Gmail icon and UNCHECK Calendars, Contacts, and Tasks. Only Email should be selected.
- Enter your email address and password where indicated, and click the Start button
- To export calendars: Log into calendar.google.com, click the gear icon then Settings -> Import & export, then click the Export button
- To import calendars: extract the file you just downloaded. Log into to SmarterMail and click the Calendar icon. Click the ... button and then Import ICS File.
- Select the file and the calendar to which you want the events imported. Click the OK button to import events.
- To export contacts: Log into contacts.google.com, click Export from the left menu and select vCard (for iOS Contacts). Click the Export link.
- To import contacts: Log into to SmarterMail and click the Contacts icon.. Click the ... button and then select Import.
- Make sure the box shows My Contacts, and select the exported file you just downloaded in Step 1. Click the Import button.
- Make sure the screen shows 0 errors and click the Next button. If there are errors, contact JerseyConnect support. You have your exported file so your data will not be lost.